Agriculture contributes to a third of the total carbon emissions, increasing conventional methods pose a rising threat to the environment as the world tries to feed an additional 2 billion people by 2050.
Closer to home, Londonâ€™s population will grow by 24. 4%, or two million people, over the next decade. The targets of local government, in this case, the Greater London Authority ( GLA)Â are to achieve over the next decade are:
- Â A 60% reduction in Londonâ€™s CO2 by 2025
- Ensuring 25% of Londonâ€™s energy is delivered through more efficient decentralised energy by 2025
- Improving the energy efficiency of Londonâ€™s homes and buildings
- Reducing emissions from transport
- Capturing the environmental and economic benefits of making London a low carbon city
Zero Carbon Food will help achieve all of these targets.
We believe a low carbon economy is more energy efficient, more energy secure, cleaner, quieter and safer.